We particularly encourage applications from Black candidates and People of Colour to apply for this role as we continue to build our culture of inclusion and representation within our team.
We are excited to announce that we are hiring a Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Officer to increase unrestricted income and strengthen our supporter base as a growing London-based charity.
Working closely with the Business Development Manager, the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Officer will create compelling content for our digital channels and targeted digital communications to support and grow our organisation. You will be working in small team with big ambitions, so a hands-on, solution focused approach is a must.
About The Kids Network:
The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
We support children at a crucial time in their development by providing them with a volunteer mentor. The Kids Network builds confidence, resilience and curiosity for ambitious futures.
1-year fixed term contract (with the potential to extend)
5 days a week (35 hours). Can be flexible for the right candidate
As our Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Officer you will have an entrepreneurial spirit to drive the digital communications of a growing organisation to make lasting impact to a dynamic young charity.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative communicator who is passionate about community and equal opportunity. To be successful, you will be positive, proactive, and dynamic.
The Kids Network values fun, diversity, and innovation – this is the culture we want embedded throughout the organisation. If you are passionate about connecting for change and share our vision, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
- Support the development of the fundraising and marketing strategy working closely with our Business Development Manager
- Lead in the planning and delivery of strategic digital communications with the objective of growing our monthly supporter base and unrestricted income
- Be the brand champion for the organisation, developing our brand guidelines and ensure these are clear and consistent with the team and stakeholders
- Manage our social media channels and website, creating varied and engaging content to grow our following
- Collect engaging and powerful stories from the children, caregivers and volunteers in our community to communicate our impact
- Lead on all of our community events including the Hackney Half and abseil down the Orbit in Stratford
- Write compelling funding reports and newsletters for our donors and supporters
- Quality assess funding bid applications
- Support our delivery team in producing press releases and community-based communications for our programme
- Act as an ambassador for The Kids Network
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of utilising CRM systems and digital channels and tools to grow supporter base
- Ability to be self-motivating, to work on your own initiative and be accountable for your own work.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, with the ability to communicate to a range of audiences with impact
- An eye for design and experience in developing brand assets using platforms such as Canva.
- A track record of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous social media content creation and strategic planning
Experience of WordPress or website management
- Fundraising experience in the charity sector
- Track record of recruiting supporters and fundraising through digital channels
- Understanding of the UK education and charity sector.
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 10th January 2021. Interviews with successful candidates will be held on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th of January 2021.
To apply please send your CV and a two-page cover letter which includes a link to your writing (social media post, blog, article etc), to Jess Parish our Business Development Manager email@example.com.